3D scanning allows for an object to be represented and viewed from all angles and is not limited to a single axis (direction). see quick overview of 3D scanning in this video.
all you need is one 3D scan to acquire the 3D data. thence you can produce infinitely, modify infinitely, and share infinitely. plus, 3D data has infinite shelf life.
3D scan applications are virtually limitless. from micro to large components, kitCAD3d only uses some of the world’s best 3D scanners.
our scanners have been used to scan drones, cars, spare parts, automotive replacement parts, mould, jewelry, industrial components, dentistry parts, human body, and many more. 3D scanning is used in industrial manufacturing, precision manufacturing, healthcare, CGI (computer-generated imagery), e-commerce, and many more.
furthermore, 3D scanning excels in complex shapes & dimensions measurements, which can be completed in minutes.
our metrology-grade, micro 3D scanner from Solutionix/Medit (South Korea) delivers up to 0.01mm precision. scanner accuracy certified by VDI/VDE, a body of the Association of German Engineers. see video here.
kitCAD3d’s micro scanner is best-suited for small jewelry, industrial components, precious stones, miniatures, etc. Maximum dimensions are 80*60*60mm.
for larger objects, Artec Leo 3D scanner (Luxembourg) is one of the world’s best high-performance industrial-grade 3D scanners, delivering up to 0.1mm precision. It is the world’s only cable-free, AI-driven 3D scanner. see video here.
physical scanning typically takes less than 5 minutes (longer for massive and highly complex objects). fast, rapid scanning is enabled by Artec Leo's high frames reconstruction rate.
being handheld and cable-free means flexibility in handling restrictive spaces. moreover, Artec Leo works well indoors and outdoors. interact with our outdoor 3D scan Balinese statue here.
artec leo 3d scan applications
- f3 race car aerodynamics enhancement
- racing bike reverse engineering for performance enhancement
- car exhaust system redesign
- diesel to battery car conversion
- offshore vessel pipe replacement
- precision inspection of a kayak
industrial design & manufacturing
- creation of customized, high-performance, aerodynamic cycling skinsuits
- ancient roman castle scanned for cultural preservation and immersive virtual experience *scroll to bottom of page*
arts & entertainment
- horse in movement scan for sculpture and animation creation
- ultra-realistic 3d models creation for first-person shooter video game
- replica creation of intricate 20-foot sculpture for human trafficking awareness campaign
- rapid scanning of crime scene for analysis
3d scanning for
artec 3d scanners function as precision measurement tools that have been used in many industries across many countries.
3d scan a-la-carte options
all it takes is one 3d scan to benefit from infinite possibilities. options range from adding colour texture to the 3d scan, maintaining geometry or geometry modification, and converting to cad formats as well as specifying tolerance for contact-critical surfaces.
3D model types:
colour & texture representation:
- native texture
- 3D print
- cnc machine / lathe
- static visualization
- interactive 3D visualization
- file format
- file size
- max. point / polygon count
- up to 0.01mm for Solutionix/Medit micro scanner
- up to 0.1 mm + 0.3 mm/m for Artec Leo